Call 808.954.8280 if any of the following apply:

• Restraining Order
• Moving off island
• Child Protective Service Case
• Child with special needs (speech, vision/hearing/intellectually impaired)
• You received your notice after your scheduled date
• If you need an interpreter
• Any scheduling questions

Leave your name, daytime telephone/cellular phone number and a detailed message. Your call will be returned as soon as possible.

If you missed your assigned class

  • Complete a new NOTICE TO ATTEND KIDS FIRST form and write “AMENDED” above the document title.
  • Submit the form to The Legal Documents clerk at either the Ka‘ahumanu Hale Honolulu Circuit Court or Ronald T.Y. Moon Kapolei Court Complex
  • Class availability is on a first come, first served basis.

Exemptions from attending

Kids First is a mandatory program for divorcing and/or separating families with children. Failure to attend may result in your case being delayed or denied pending completion of the class.

There are few exemptions from attending the program. You may request to be excused if you:

  • Have attended a Kids First Hawai‘i class in the last two years
  • Are incarcerated or reside in a residential treatment facility

To apply to be excused from the program:

  • Complete a Request to be Excused form
  • Provide written proof
  • Submit all paperwork to
    • The Legal Documents clerk at either the Ka‘ahumanu Hale Honolulu Circuit Court or Ronald T.Y. Moon Kapolei Court Complex
    • OR email them to [email protected]

You will receive a call from the ​Kids First staff indicating whether your request is approved or denied.