Kids First is a mandatory program for divorcing and/or separating families with children. Failure to attend may result in your case being delayed or denied pending completion of the class.
There are few exemptions from attending the program. You may request to be excused if you:
- Have attended a Kids First Hawai‘i class in the last two years
- Live out of the State of Hawai‘i
- Are moving out of state or deploying per military order before your scheduled class
- Are incarcerated or reside in a residential treatment facility
To apply to be excused from the program:
- Complete a Request to be Excused form
- Provide written proof (example: airline ticket receipt, military order)
- Submit all paperwork to
- The Legal Documents clerk at either the Ka‘ahumanu Hale Honolulu Circuit Court or Ronald T.Y. Moon Kapolei Court Complex
- OR email them to email@example.com
You will receive a call from the Kids First staff indicating whether your request is approved or denied.